“I am passionate about travel, people, good food (and wine),
great service, beautiful places and the magic
of the African continent.”
With over 30 years in the travel industry, Sheree Simpson continues to make a mark on the local and international travel and tourism marketplace.
She has an impressive career, having worked in sales, marketing and new business development for some of South Africa’s best-loved names in hospitality, including Protea Hospitality Group, Europcar, Mantis Collection and ILTM Africa.
A global traveller, over the years Sheree has built strong relationships both internationally and locally. Her international contacts read like the who’s who of global travel, and operators from around the world continue to enjoy and lean on Sheree’s insights, wisdom and commitment to the travel industry.
Always a team player, Sheree’s involvement and dedication to the growth of the South African travel industry is unparalleled – she continues to have excellent relations with industry-related organisations and associations and is often called upon for input and advice on high-level issues affecting the tourism and travel trade.
As shareholder and Marketing Director of Rijk’s Country House, Sheree gained in-depth experience on all aspects of running and managing a luxury property, from operations and finance to marketing.
A keen foodie, lover of good wine and stickler for good service, her great appreciation of what clients are looking for in travel experiences and tourism products led her to creating Africa In Your Hands, which represents a number of quality clients with excellence and authenticity at the centre.
• Nine years at Protea Hotels as Group International Sales Manager
• Five years at Mantis Collection as Director of Sales & Marketing
• Five years as Shareholder/Sales & Marketing Director for Rijk’s Country House
• Two-year project for TBCSA & SA Tourism London
Over and above
• SATSA – Southern Africa Tourism Services Association – President (2002-2004)
• SATSA – life-long Past President membership
• SATSA – Gauteng Chapter Chairman (1999-2003) – Served on National Exco for five years & Gauteng Chapter for seven years; presented with a Special Service Award for Outstanding Service & Contribution to the Tourism Industry by SATSA.